Are you an animal lover? As you may or may not know, I’m a crazy cat lady here in SL… I even have my own store on MP where I sell some of my extra kittens rather than throw them away or leave them in boxes forever. In real life, I have a dog, cats & parakeets. My son, who lives alone, has wanted a dog for quite a while now, but we’ve talked him out of it. Now that he’s trapped alone in his apartment, he’s decided it’s time to adopt one, but the quarantine has made it harder than you might think. No more shelter visits… everything is done by appointment after your application is approved, and they are all short-staffed, so it takes a while. The dog you fall for on PetFinder may no longer be available by the time they get to you… that’s already happened twice, so now I’m also looking at dogs online, finding adoptable candidates. I’m pushing hard for what I call “the scattergun approach”: apply for several at one time so that hopefully at least one will still be available by the time approval comes through (I can’t imagine he won’t be approved as long as he follows the mandates and doesn’t apply for a dog that requires things he doesn’t have, like a fenced-in yard). It’s so sad though… so many pets are sitting there in shelters, waiting for homes, and the red tape is keeping them there longer than necessary. I understand it of course; no one wants people to adopt a dog or cat because they’re home bored, and then when life goes back to normal (it will, won’t it?) they’ll decide they don’t want the pet after all, and whoosh, back to the shelter it goes. I hear people are turning in their pets over mistaken beliefs that they can catch the virus from them… I just don’t understand it. Pets are part of the family!!! Well, in any case, the dog search has delayed today’s posting, but better late than never! Not like most of us have anywhere to rush to! At least here on the grid, you can go out, get some much needed shopping therapy and pure socialization. As for real life, be safe out there!
- Outfit: Furtacor– Tinah Set. An adorable 3-piece outfit. The jacket, corset, & skirt have what I think is a really interesting combination of style — a zip-up cardigan with/without racing stripes on the sleeves, a school-girlish plaid skirt (also in solid), paired with a sexy ribbed corset. Definitely gets the imagination going! HUD has 15 textures for the jacket & skirt plus black or white for the corset. Sized for Slink HG/P, Belleza F/I/V, Legacy, & Maitreya. EXCLUSIVELY at the Girls Heaven event, open March 8th – 31st.
- Boots: MOZ Designs – “Evie” Thigh High Boots. 100% Original fitmesh in Aniline Leather or Suede fatpacks or a SuperPack of all textures! Sized for Slink, Belleza, Maitreya, Tonic, & eBody. Demo available. Group members get a discount when wearing their tag making a purchase!
- Tent: Dreamland Designs: Bohemian Romantic Tent. This romantic outdoor tent is filled with colorful rugs & pillows, surrounded by flowers & plantings & a curving bower, & accessorized with crates of goodies & romantic candles. It’s beautiful, yes, with lots of special little touches, but I have to say that what really makes this set stand apart are the animations. First off, there are TONS, lots of singles (M & F, you can see one in the pic, & I can honestly tell you that I had a very difficult choosing what to use!), the cuddle list goes on for pages & pages, each one different & IMHO awesome. PG & Adult versions EXCLUSIVELY available at the March round of the Swank Event, March 7th – 29th.
- Head, Eyes, Skin, Shape (modified): LOGO – Josie. Brand-new, absolutely stunning bento head, EXCLUSIVELY available at the Skin Fair, at the introductory price of 999L including both the customization & animation HUDs (normally sold separately), March 13th – 29th. I’ve now tweaked the shape a tiny bit here & a little bit there & added my signature freckles (see below), just to personalize the look. More details — & a closeup head shot of how Josie comes straight out of the box — can be seen in my post from March 17th HERE. A demo is available at the Fair as well. In case you can’t tell, I’m in love (yes, again).
- Body: Slink – Hourglass Mesh Body Original, Full Version including Hands (Dynamic) & Feet
- Hair: Doux – Bloodline
- Freckles: Izzie’s – Heart Mole & Freckles (Omega); DS’Elles – Freckle Body (Omega)
- Jewelry: Maxi Gossamer – Tarantella Gypsy Necklace & Earrings; Chop Zuey – Bel Aire Gold Women’s Wedding Band
- Pose: STUN Poses – Barbie #4 (bottom shot)
- Location: my home in Blake Passage
Lyndka says "This post comes from iheartsl Second Life's Blog Syndication Feed - click the links above to see the original post and spread some click karma. The 'Read More' button keeps you here but shows the full article"